Amer-Plus Janitorial & Maintenance is currently seeking a dedicated Administrative Assistant to assist in carrying out the administrative functions of the organization’s business strategy. As an Administrative Assistant, your role is an essential part of achieving the company’s overarching goal of creating healthier spaces for the community we serve.
- Champion the strategy, vision and expansion model of the organization including a basic understanding of Amer-Plus ‘s business; be aware of and help to enforce organizational policies and best practices procedures.
- Represent Amer-Plus in the general direction, initiatives and specific final decisions of the Management Team in all aspects of the business; use influence sensitively to garner cooperation of management and co-workers.
- Deliver quality customer service to management among staff, clients, suppliers, referral sources, regulatory bodies, the general community and others pertinent to the business; demonstrate a strong commitment to client service and service excellence.
- Greet, direct and assist persons who phone and/or enter the office in a polite, respectful and helpful manner to ensure positive relationships. Screen and route requests or calls to appropriate persons; take accurate and timely messages or direct callers to voicemail when appropriate. Provide timely and accurate administrative and customer service support.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, reports, presentations and databases using available computer hardware and software and other office machines; create and maintain files accurately and timely and treat information acquired in the course of work confidentially and responsibly.
- Read and route incoming mail. Locate and attach appropriate files to correspondence to be answered by the employer if needed; process all appropriate paperwork and maintain data and update profiles as necessary or required on a timely basis.
- Assist with the production of client communications, bid proposals, marketing materials, and mass mailings. Prepare out-going mail and correspondence, including email and faxes.
- Coordinate managers’ schedules and provide support as directed.
- Travel to drop off and receive documents and supplies.
- Attend site visits and document findings.
- Maintain office supplies by ordering necessary supplies
- Participate in cross-training with other positions both as necessary and as requested by the supervisor to ensure that the workflow is uninterrupted during absences from work. This cross-training may involve learning at least one other position; also training at least one other individual to perform the Office Assistant work functions.
- Support in HR Task; Onboarding, training, communication and other
- Develop, maintain and update a procedures manual for the position as well as a year-at-a-glance listing of all activities/responsibilities to ensure time-specific functions are prepared for and met in the normal course of business, and not “crisis” mode.
- Develop, recommend and implement (with management’s approval) new processes and procedures to reduce errors in data entry, reduce processing time and increase efficiencies.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other duties as requested or required by management.
These responsibilities are not all-inclusive and may vary among accounts, depending on business necessities, client, and industry requirements.
- Undergraduate degree, preferred
- A minimum of three years of related administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail in composing, preparing documents/reports, as well as able to establish priorities
- Must be able to work independently and in a group
- Professional conduct and discretion at all times
- Reliable Transportation
- Mobile Phone required for use of company applications
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to enroll in Direct Deposit
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Ability to critically think independently.
- Strong command of the English Language
- Make good judgment decisions using ethical conduct
- Maintain high standards for work areas and appearance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Administrative Assistant: 3 year (Preferred)
- Personal Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Category: Administrative
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: North Miami Beach Remotely sometimes Virtual flexibility at times